We are your “home away from home and ship” while you are in the Bay Area. We are updating and remodeling the IMC to include a new bistro-style café “World’s Fare Kitchen Table” featuring fresh foods, pastries, fruits and vegetables, grab-n-go meals, meal kits. We will soon have an upgraded lounge area for you with computer-based games, Board and table games, relaxation and meditation areas.
We are covering our patios to provide shade in the warmer seasons and comfortable heat in the cooler seasons as you relax outside enjoying the great views of the bay and the nearby San Francisco skyline.
Work is in progress now and we plan to complete the remodel this August!
Advocacy and Emergency Assistance
- Advocacy, assistance and referrals for concerns regarding working conditions, compensation, and rights in various circumstances [for example shore leave, medical care, family emergency etc.]
Merchandise and Supplies
- Branded Caps, T-Shirts, Hoodies
- Coffee Mugs
- Souvenirs, toiletries and snacks
- Reading material [books, spiritual and popular magazines and Bibles]
- Free Clothing closet [with gently used clothes]
- Television and movies in Center
- Musical instruments in Center
Spiritual and Emotional Support
- Individual spiritual guidance and counseling [Onboard or virtual]
- Schedule religious service [onboard ship or Onsite at IMC]
- Mental or physical wellness
- Escorts for family member visits on ship
- Ship Visiting
- SIM cards
- Free WiFi and computer use in Center
- Transportation to shopping areas or visitor destinations in San Francisco and Oakland.
- Shore to Ship: Seafarers order online and arrange for their package to be delivered to the Maritime Center and an IMC chaplain or volunteer will deliver the package to the ship within 24 hours of receiving the package